Monday, February 9, 2015

A Magical Night - Mini Album

This weekend I started this simple mini album and ended up finishing it quickly so I'm sharing that today. I really fell in love with the candid snapshots that a talented local photographer took at the Father & Daughter dance at my daughter's school.  I knew I wanted to do something a little more special than a regular scrapbook page with them.  So I went with a simple mini album made with back to back binding.  Here's a link to a tutorial that is similar to what I did. I didn't bother with covering the binding just to keep it simple.  I used 110 lb card stock (Georgia Pacific Brand that I think I picked up at Staples a long time ago) for the base of the pages.  I used paper and embellishments from the Bella Rouge collection by Pink Paislee with a little bit of Heidi Swapp and sequins from Teresa Collins.  The dimensions of the finished album are 4 x 6 inches.  Below is the cover: I spray painted a frame from one of Crate Paper lines and also some veneer hearts, stars and some little flowers.  The ribbon is seam binding sprayed with Heidi Swapp Color Shine in Blush.


The first page has a little velum pocket with a tag in it with a bit of journaling.  The sweet girl embellishment is from Heidi Swapp's Dreamy line along with the little ticket.  The washi tape is from the new washi book in the Hello Beautiful line.


The next page is quite simple with Teresa Collins sequins and cute little piece from the ephemera pack in the Bella Rouge line.  A shiny silver bow to top it off.



Here you can see the little stars I spray painted.  Live it up was a square embellishment from HS Hello Beautiful.  I just trimmed it down because I wasn't feeling the square in this rectangular album.




I had one horizontal photo...actually all the photos were horizontal but I cropped them down. This one needed to stay the way it was taken. I thought it added a little interest so that not every page was the same layout. I just sliced everything down where it would meet in the middle.  I had to add the little unicorn from Bella Rouge to signify the magical night it was. The photos were taken with flash so you can't see the twinkling snowflake lights or the D.J's dancing lights that were on the ceiling.  Such a fun memory that I wanted to capture and create a keepsake that my little girl could enjoy anytime.


A note about mini albums:  I have done quite a few mini or stand alone albums (that are not in scrapbooks) over the years and really have no great ideas on storing them.  I also worry about them not lasting through time like regular albums do.  So I will probably cover this night in a pocket page style to keep in a regular scrapbook.  How do you store your mini albums?  Leave a comment and let me know!

Thanks for looking and have a great week!


6 comments:

  1. beautiful!!! hope you don't mind that I share this on the PP FB page! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally awesome -- wish I could have done this for my daughters years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, great mini album with lots of inspiring ideas, thanks.

    ReplyDelete