Monday, March 16, 2015

On my desk...

Well, I guess I am not a great blogger considering it's been almost a month since my last post!  So I do have a good bit to share since then.  I am super thrilled to be a guest designer at the end of March for Pink Paislee.  Here are a few sneak peeks of what I've been up to with their Atlas collection



 
This is part of a mini book that I made.  I can't wait to show it.


I've also been enjoying Wilna Furstenberg's class at Studio Calico.  Her style is so beautiful and inspiring!  I've completed two lessons so far.  It's always fun to try new techniques.  I think I cheated a little on this lesson as I was supposed to use a primary color but I went with a more rosy red rather then the true primary red.



This next page started out from the lesson on complimentary colors and I quickly thought about incorporating an interactive element that I saw in Stephanie Bryan's class at Big Picture Classes.  They have a new website and it so much fun and full of inspiration!
 

This is what lies behind the main photo on the page, another photo of my little guy who is now six feet tall and in high school!


And last but not least I have been keeping up with my memory planner and project life!  If you've read my previous post you know that I am treating my memory planner as both a planner and a journal and using a 6x8 album (that was supposed to be a memory planner) for project life.  I am still feeling my way with this but as long as I keep up with it, it will be okay. 

Up first, are the pages in my gold album (which is serving as project life).  I used several different stickers to create the dates for this month. 


These are my photo pages from February. I do still have a few more things that I need to add into the album for February.  Since my memory planner is up to date with all my thoughts and our plans then it's pretty easy to focus on any of those things in my project life album whenever I have the time.



And lastly, I just tucked a project life card onto March's title page in my memory planner.
I am not doing anything great in there but just trying to keep up with the journaling.  My pictures and ephemera are mainly going into my project life album.


That's about all I've been working on over the past few weeks.  I hope you check out my guest spot on Pink Paislee later this month.  It's my first gig as a guest designer!  Thanks for stopping by and hope you are enjoying the beginning of spring.  I am ready for some flowers and sunshine!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful stuff Carri. What a wonderful family heirloom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome class work! I need to check out BPC now that it's all new!

    ReplyDelete