Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Online Crop = Fun!

I don't think I have participated in an online crop since the days of 2peas! I saw that Paper Issues was having an online crop via the very talented Sherri Funk.  I love all of her creations and she is the way I found out about Paper Issues at all.  I didn't have a lot of time to participate during the actual weekend but they kept the challenges open for a week.  The contributions to the challenges were outstanding!  I only ended up making three layouts but that's a good number for me during one Saturday night session and a little Sunday morning.  The challenges were so much fun! 

Here is the layout I made for Kelly's design team challenge.  I thought it was a great challenge to have to scrap something about ourselves.  Like most of the moms I know, I am always the one behind the camera.  I recently turned 40 and thought I would document it thanks to this challenge.  I must say it's just not as fun to scrapbook about yourself though.


The paper here is from Webster's Pages Beautiful Chic line and it's so pretty in person.  I used some Simple Stories I Am as well as some Dear Lizzy stickers from the Serendipity line.  Added one little square piece from Heidi Swapp.  These were fun colors and products to work with. 

Next up was Jen Chapin's sketch challenge.  I absolutely loved this sketch.  I love to use the cut apart cards in layouts so this was right up my alley.


This is mostly Pink Paislee's Solstice line from last summer and I am still in love with this collection!

My last layout was so much fun.  Grid styles are just fun to play with...like tiny little scrapbook pages on a page.  This was for Sherri's challenge to add something sparkly to a page - using gold, silver, sequins, that sort of thing. 


I used some gold paint mixed with a little gold color shine to make it easier to add droplets and also the gold embellishments in the I Am collection. 

I hope Paper Issues does another online crop soon! 

And lastly, I am so delighted to share that my guest post for Pink Paislee is up on their blog today.  Here's the link if you'd like to see my post. This was the first time I've ever designed for a company and it was really fun.  I love Pink Paislee products and hope I did them justice. 

Thanks for stopping by!  I can't believe I have kept this blog up for almost three months now.  I need to do some kind of giveaway to celebrate.  I will come up with something.


1 comment:

  1. Awesome work on your PI crop pages and loved your work for Pink Paislee!

    ReplyDelete