Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Jan/Feb Memory Planner

It took me a few weeks to get into my groove of how I was going to document everyday life around here for 2016.  Of course I want to use one Heidi Swapp's memory planners to "stop the blur".  This will serve as a place to write down important dates, small snippets from our day and just to jot down things I don't want to forget.  Some days are more eventful than others so on those days I might reflect a little more.  This will keep everything in one place and function as a reference for project life.  I am doing project life digitally through photoshop and the app this year.  I think I will print a bound book at the end of the year for that.

I'm also keeping a second memory planner to document my daughter's progress with OIT for her peanut allergy which you can read about on that blog.  I wanted something just dedicated to her and her daily journey which hopefully will remain pretty boring!I keep things pretty simple.  I have my supplies handy and don't really stray from the HS planner goodies. Here is the opening page and the backside of that page.  "Worry less" is something I am actively working on!  




Next up are the photo pocket pages for January.  I love these little sized pockets.  I decided to put myself in this album and not just be the voice.


Then there is what I call the highlight page.  I've blurred the writing because my handwriting is terrible and who wants to read my personal stuff anyway...it's not very interesting.  I'm not sure how I will treat this page each month.  I definitely think I will change it up and cover up parts because I get bored with the same ending page every month. February's opening page is next.


Next up is the back side of January's opening page with a little xoxo card that was minc'ed.  And the larger sized pocket page.


Lastly is the backside of the pocket page and the February highlight page. I added a piece of Crate Paper's Hello Love line to add a little touch of Valentine's.  I also added a 14 on the highlight page on some of Pink Paislee's fabulous new patterned paper. I had originally placed a project life card there but ended changing it out to make it more festive for the month.  Nothing wrong with changing it up as you go...I also tend not to do this page until later in the month because I want to have a photo from that month or maybe highlight something that happened so I will leave some blank space until mid month or even the end of the month.


As far as the calendar pages go, I like to leave those pretty clean except to note birthdays, anniversaries or special days.  I don't put activities/outings on there to keep it clean and neat and also those are being documented on the daily pages.  I also add fun washi and stickers to daily pages to have something pretty to look at.  Thanks for looking at my simple memory planner.  Ignore the handwriting please!


No comments:

Post a Comment