Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Minc in the Memory Planner

I have been excited to try foiling with the Minc in my memory planner.  I have been a little hesitant because I didn't want to mess up in my planner.  I finally decided the screen art printing was pretty simple and would probably turn out beautifully.

With the screen ink and art screen, I set to add two small floral accents to my July monthly spread.  The screen ink is very easy to work with as long as you tape off the areas you want to exclude.  I tend to get messy with any type of mixed media projects even when that is not my intent, so I was very careful to keep everything neat and orderly where I was working.  Below are the three steps involved - apply ink, remove screen, run through the Minc...it's that simple.
 



I was so pleased with the results.  With screen ink, you really get a detailed design and once the foil is added...it's just so beautiful.  An added bonus was that the little date circles also turned gold.  They look a little distressed as the foil didn't cover them completely.  This could be avoided by doing the Minc accents prior to adding the date stickers or simply not placing foil over the stickers.  Here's a few more photos of my July spread before I begin filling it with everyday life.








No comments:

Post a Comment